Monday, September 26, 2011

so long, farewell.


It feels like the end of summer and what a delightful one it has been.


We got some fresh peaches and pears in bulk so I made baby food with a lot of it, but my favorite thing was this fresh peach pie in a home-made graham cracker crust. It tasted like summer. :)
My sister, Sara Joy, gave me some McCormick spice packs with recipe ideas so we tried the apple-sage pork with sweet potatoes and salad. Jared says its his new favorite meal.


I re-painted the triptych canvas' in our living room with a warmer, livelier scene with poppies and we made a flower arrangement that matches. -just to shake things up.

On the 24th we took a walk along the edge of the Puget Sound at Lincoln Park as a sort-of goodbye to summer. I think we'll have a few more sunny days but my uninformed opinion is that it's officially fall now.




And we learned that our dear friends, the Walsers, are moving to Arizona soon. We will miss them dearly and wish them well.

1 comment:

  1. Your triptych is beautiful! I really, honestly love it! Feel free to mail it to us whenever you feel :) We miss you muchly.

    ReplyDelete