Tuesday, August 2, 2011

sweet dreams

I thought I would share Gavyn's new nursery decor! There were a few happy accidents along the way but I like the way they turned out. I finished cutting out the clouds, which was trickier than you would think, and decided to paint them with white acrylic to give them some texture. I got most of the way through and ran out of white acrylic so I used gesso instead. (gesso is a canvas prep) The Gesso was wetter than the paint so the clouds warped overnight. So, as my dad would advise, "If you can't fix it, feature it." I pressed on and I really like the dimension it made. Not bad for 10$ worth of foam core!

No comments:

Post a Comment